Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cake Anyone!

What would a family gathering be with out getting to sit and have a meal together. I recall my mom and my aunt reminiscing about the days when as little girls they would go with their mom out to the fields to take a meal to the men when they were seeding, putting up feed, harvesting, or cutting wood for the winter.  As a little boy I recall doing the same thing for my dad and uncles.
I recall visiting with my uncle and aunties and enjoying a meal when we would visit or get to spend the day with them. Cookies with uncle Horace and aunt Rose, apple pie with Aunt Laura and Uncle Archie, fresh buns with Aunt Lil and Uncle Harold, soup with Aunt Edna and Uncle Ted, peanut butter sandwiches with Uncle Frank and Aunt Emma and with Aunt Maria and Uncle Eddie home made ice cream and cake.
I also remember getting together at Christmas with aunts, uncles, cousins and having to wait for the men to eat first and then the women and kids. How times have changed and to think that some families do not sit down and enjoy a meal together.
So it comes as no surprise that when we gather as a family at our reunions a priority is to sit together, give thanks for what Thomas & Maria created for us and share a meal together as one large family.

At every reunion we celebrate with a cake!
Pat, Pauline &  Bernice

Queen Elizabeth II during her Jubilee tour.
She has reigned for half of the time that the Pott family have been in Canada.


10 second rule, no one saw that right!
The line starts outside I think?


Burgers, Hot dogs, Chicken, all made to perfection! 




Oh Yes..... Who ever made that green salad with the little orange thingies in it, it was awesome!!












No comments:

Post a Comment