Monday, January 28, 2013

Reunion, Why would I go?


"Really, another letter about the reunion. I've already had two letters, three e-mails, and my parents have been on my case about going for weeks.  Its boring, too many bugs and no body I know is going to be there."
WHY, why would I go?
 
I have experienced this with my own family and it is hard to motivate the different generations to participate. I guess as we get older and reminisce of the days and years gone by we think about the memories we have of the good and bad times in our lives. I like to believe that Reunions are part of the good times when we get to mingle with our immediate family but through choice get to meet new and extended family members. Its an environment where we need not fear of being judged but welcomed as we share stories, memories and yes our real age.
 
At our last reunion in 2012 we had five generations of families involved doing everything from cooking meals, singing karaoke to setting of fireworks and playing those "I'll never forget when you" games.
Harry- 92, Mallory- 9 days,
Brenda- somewhere in between!!
From 9 days old to 92 years young, we participated in activities that allowed us to get to know each other on what ever level we want. There are no expectations other than you come with an open mind and leave knowing you had a great time.


                Who knows maybe you'll bump
            into the neighbors while you're there! 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment