Friday, February 15, 2013

Post cards to street view.


Have you ever come across an old card box with a rubber band wrapped around it, wondered what was in it then opened it up and found old photo's, funeral cards and post cards in it? I have and many of those pictures I have already displayed in previous posts along with a couple of the post cards. The funeral cards we will visit those in another posting.
The Post card below was sent to Mary Ellen from her mom and on the back of it her mom had written "This is Trent Street, is there any one you know? from Mother".
I thought at the time how would she know someone in a post card because most post cards are the generic type that highlight the touristy places in a city.
Recently I was looking up 14 Trent St. in Derby, for those that are following 14 Trent St. was the house that my Great Grandparents on the Dawson side lived for many years, as I was panning the street from their house the street look exceptionally familiar. I realize now that when I think I've seen something, I likely have.

Post card sent to Mary Ellen from her mom Sarah Dawson.
They would have been living at 14 Trent St. which is right across the street.
The building we see here would have the addresses of #9 through to #25.

I spent some time tweaking the various angles to view Trent street and with a few new colorful doors , some paint, different landscaping and some modern amenities like cars, voila there you have it, a 100 year view that has only changed slightly. The same location seen above is displayed below.

Look no cars!!!!
 








The side with the red door is #14 Trent St, Alvaston Derby.
The residence of Edward and Sarah Ellen Dawson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment