Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Heirlooms from the past.

Family Heirlooms
The caregiver of these beautifully framed Postcards had this to say about them, "These are postcards sent by Horace and Edmund Pott to their mother, Maria Pott while enlisted during World War I, how cool is this?! They are silk embroidered, matted, and framed YEARS ago. Some staining, aging, yellowing from the years, but otherwise unharmed.
   
  





I've written about this piece of furniture in a previous post (Stop the Presses!!!!) but felt it was note worthy to also mention it in this posting as it really is a heirloom. This Dresser was once owned by Maria and Thomas Pott and dates back to 1898. It was then passed on to George and Mary Pott and then onto Marget (Pott) Badgley and on to me. One day I hope one of my children will appreciate the history of this piece and treasure it as much as I do.

 








This portrait is also mentioned in my very first posting but not pictured in its original frame and condition. As you can see this portrait is also been through a few closets and damp conditions but has weathered fairly well for being over a hundred years old (circa: 1870-1880).

If I come across any further heirlooms I'll post a picture of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment